Sunday, February 2, 2014

The First Week...Changes

Week one has been interesting for me. I have been exposed to a lot of new programs that I didn't know existed and still have a lot of exploration to do. Technology changes so fast and is very difficult to keep up with. You really have jump in and incorporate as much technology into the classroom, this really appeals to the students and is great with keeping them on track. My biggest concern is how quickly technology changes. Everyday programs and websites are being created, updated and changed to stay compatible with the all of the technology and computer advancements. How can an educator be expected to keep up with this fast flow of new information? If a teacher is use to using one program that is considered obsolete and is forced to change, how will that effect their curriculum and teaching style?

1 comment:

  1. Jake,
    I totally know what you mean about being exposed to a lot of new programs that I didn't know existed either. My concerns , too, are how as educators do we stay on top when everyday there are new changes and additions being done and created. I think that all this new technology is both fun and overwhelming for us as a society because we have so much to work with but we also have such little time to experience with it and play.

    ReplyDelete