Monday, February 17, 2014

SMART Boards in the Classroom

After watching the videos and reading the articles this week, I support the use of SMART Boards in the classroom. From my personal experience as a student and an educator, SMART boards help with student's engagement, participation and relates to many different learning styles. As a student I always enjoyed using a SMART boards. It made getting up in front of the classroom fun and a good experience. It gave me the courage to get up in font of a large group of people and be an active participant in the classroom.

As an educator there are many benefits to using SMART boards as a resource. I have the ability to show videos, articles, and my own examples so that everyone could clearly see. SMART boards allow the teacher to make a comprehensive, interactive lesson plan that students can enjoy. Teachers have the opportunity to use multiple resources instead of translucent pages on an over head projector. It's important for the teacher to reach every students personal interests. In the upcoming generations, the use of technology is a huge interest. Students have such a strong grasp in new technology and there are many benefits when they get to explore these resources in the classroom.

Using technology such as SMART boards in the classroom is essential to many different subject areas. As a music teacher I can use it for videos, recordings, transcribing, writing programs and so many more. As a literacy major, I can use it to show multiple examples of writing forms, comprehension games, spelling programs, it goes on. SMART boards push lessons and curriculums to be progressive and are easy to incorporate into the classroom. I have many reasons to use one and want to use it as a tool to help my future students and to push me to make creative and original lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment