I did some exploring with SMART Notebook 11 and made a short Literacy activity using a Shel Silverstein poem "Jimmy Jet and His TV Set." I have the poem broken up into different slides with questions and activities spread throughout. I thought this would be a good way to work on comprehension skills in the lower reading levels. SMART Notebook 11 allows for the whole class to see the same thing and have their own input into the lesson. Since this is a silly story, I added in some silly pictures and the animations help keep everything visually appealing.
Overall I like the Notebook 11 program. It took me a little while getting use to it, but it is very similar to using powerpoint. I like that during the presentation you can have students go up to the board and edit text and draw. I used different animations to keep the slides a little more interesting. I feel with time I can really get a good grasp on this program and make some fun and interesting lessons/activities. Using Notebook in the classroom gives the teacher freedom to move around and has the ability to keep the students moving and attentive which I find to be vital in the classroom setting. This tool gives me, as an educator, a new way to keep students engaged and make lesson plans that appeal to all types of leaners, visual, auditory and kinesthetic.
No comments:
Post a Comment